Emergency Response Techniques
Videos Demonstrating Emergency Response Techniques
The following videos provide visual demonstrations of emergency response techniques. You can see and hear how to correctly perform rescue breathing, chest compressions, and the Heimlich Maneuver by reviewing them. I obtained the videos from PROTrainings’ collection of YouTube presentations related to emergency responses. ProTrainings conducts a wide variety of emergency response training for efforts made to maintain or restore physical, mental, or emotional well-being especially by trained and licensed professionals More agencies and other first responders.
Watching the videos does not substitute for taking a first responder class. Hands-on training is
• Of, relating to, or constituting the essence
• inherent, of the utmost importance
• basic, indispensable, necessary,
• being a substance not made by the body in an amount great enough for normal health and growth and requires us to eat it instead.
More to perform the steps necessary for a successful rescue attempt correctly. I encourage you to seek a first responder course from one of the options listed below. You may also use the American Red Cross or American Heart Association as a resource.
You can also find information on Emergency Airway Management Here.
Emergency Response Techniques- PROTrainings Offers Courses online at Discount
After viewing the videos below, you may want to learn one or more of these life-saving techniques. If so, PROTrainings offers online courses based on American Heart Association standards. Courses may be completed entirely online or as a combination of online/hands-on training.
As an affiliate with PROTrainings (meaning I receive a commission for referrals), I am authorized to offer you a 10% discount on the cost of courses you take if you enter the referral code: CPR-Steigleder at checkout. The referral code works for any course.
I posted separate ads for each course available for your convenience. Click on the ad to go directly to PROTrainings. Note: One thing I like about these programs is that they really want you to succeed. You can continue to repeat sections of training if you don’t pass testing until you are successful.
Using Emergency Response Techniques to Rescue Choking Victims
Emergency Response Techniques used for rescue breathing
How to respond when there is no pulse or breathing present.
Using an AED (Defibrillator)
Emergency Response Techniques for Other Types of Emergency Situations
Emergency Response Techniques PROTrainings Courses
Referral Code for Discount (CPR-Steigleder)
Joint Commission and Professional Boards approve the use of PROTrainings
List of Professional Boards and Certifying Agencies who Accept ProTrainings CPR
Approvals in Virginia:
- Academy of General Dentistry (AGD) approved provider ID#343086 for all courses. Review your state guidelines to find out what courses are accepted for CEs. Usually, BLS Healthcare level CPR with hands-on is a requirement for licensure in most states. To begin your course and apply for CE’s, begin your course here: https://www.protrainings.com/signup/agd
- Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) rules allow ProCPR 100% Online certifications for Pharmacists (those providing immunizations).
- Aerobics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA) and the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) require (at least) an Adult CPR/AED course for acceptance. Must have a hands-on portion. Start your course at this link for a special discounted rate https://www.protrainings.com/signup/afaa
- American Academy of Medical Acupuncture (AAMA) rules allow ProCPR 100% Online certifications for Acupuncturists.
- American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities (ASF) (AAAASF) is an accrediting agency requiring physicians and Surgeons to have a BLS and/or ACLS course. They do allow facilities to train in ProCPR and ProACLS 100% online certifications.
- American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC) does not require CPR as part of their education. The school supplying the training, state licensing department, or employer mandate the training in this area. Most state boards and employers accept our ProCPR 100% online certification, but some require hands-on to be performed. Ask your state licensing department or employer which they require.
- American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) rules allow ProCPR Blended (hands-on) certifications for Medical Assistants.
- American Association of Nurse Anesthetists (AANA) accepts ProCPR Blended (hands-on) and ProACLS 100% Online certifications for Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists (CRNAs), Advanced Practical Nurses, and Nursing Anesthetists.
- American Camps Association (ACA) accepts ProCPR Classroom and ProFirstAid Classroom and ProFirstAid Basic Classroom and ProFirstAid Advanced Classroom and Community CPR Classroom certifications for Camp Owners & Directors, Camp Staff, Pool Attendants, Adventure Activity Guides.
- American Canoe Association (Canoe-Kayak-SUP-Raft-Rescue) accepts ProFirstAid Blended (hands-on) and ProFirstAid Basic Blended (hands-on) certifications for Kayak, Canoe, and other Paddle-sport Instructors, Instructor Trainers, and Instructor Trainer Educators.
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) rules allow ProFirstAid Blended (hands-on) and ProCPR Blended (hands-on) and ProCPR Basic Blended (hands-on) and ProACLS Blended (hands-on) certifications for Sports Medicine.
- American Council on Exercise (ACE) accepts our ProCPR Basic (adult only CPR) course but prefers our ProFirstAid Blended course. They don’t require First Aid, but it is highly recommended. With either course you choose, you must have a hands-on skills test.
- American Pharmacists Association (APA) does not approve or deny CPR and BCLS courses for Pharmacists. Instead, they tell Pharmacists to look at their state and employer guidelines for which CPR course they should take. Usually, our ProCPR 100% online or ProCPR Blended (online + hands-on) certifications meet those requirements.
- American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) does not require CPR and First Aid Certification to be a member. Usually, our ProFirstAid Certification is the recommended course for Physical Therapists but always check with your state’s licensing rules and employer requirements to see what course fits your needs.
- American Senior Fitness Association rules allow ProFirstAid Basic Blended (hands-on) certifications for Senior Fitness Instructors, Personal trainers, and Long-Term Care Fitness Leaders.
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) accepts CPR courses towards professionals CE Credits if the course is relative to your field of expertise. Choking (for instance) can be a real concern to those professionals that work with swallowing issues, etc. Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists should consider the course that best fits their profession for acceptance and continuing education credits.
- Board of Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology rules allow ProCPR 100% Online certifications for Audiologists and Speech Pathologists.
- Board of Certification (BOC/NATA) for the Athletic Trainers accepts ACLS, ProCPR, and ProFirstAid Advanced Blended courses with hands-on. No online-only courses will be accepted. Start your training at this link https://www.protrainings.com/signup/bocat
- Board of Dentistry accepts ProCPR Blended (hands-on) and ProACLS Blended (hands-on) certifications for Dentists, Dental Assistants, Dental Hygienists.
- Board of Funeral Directors and Embalmers accepts ProBloodBorne certifications for Funeral Directors, Embalmers.
- Board of Medicine rules allows ProCPR Blended (hands-on) certifications for Athletic Trainers.
- Board of Nursing accepts ProCPR 100% online and ProCPR Blended (hands-on) certifications for Nurses.
- Board of Occupational Therapy rules allows ProCPR 100% Online certifications for Occupational Therapists and Occupational Therapy Assistants.
- State Board of Optometry accepts our CPR courses for Optometrists and will give up to two CE training credit hours.
- Board of Pharmacy accepts ProCPR and ProBloodBorne 100% online certifications for Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians.
- The Board of Physical Therapy does not require CPR, First Aid, or Bloodborne Pathogens training for licensing Physical Therapists or Therapy Assistants. Still, the board does accept our courses toward CE credits per “contact hour” spent. It May is an employer guideline; check with the employer for course requirements.
- Centers for Medicare is a federally funded health insurance program for
• people aged 65 and over,
• persons eligible for social security disability payments, and
• people who need kidney transplants or dialysis.
It consists of two separate programs: hospital and outpatient medical insurance. More & Medicaid is a federally aided state-operated program that provides medical benefits for low incomes people who meet specified eligibility criteria. Individual states determine the benefits covered, program eligibility, rates of payment for providers, and methods of administering the program. More Services (CMS) rules allow ProCPR Blended (hands-on) certifications for Nurses, Certified Nurse Aides, Nursing Home facilities.
- Certified Chiropractic Sports The head of the clinical team. Completes. four years of medical school, then four years of residency before being able to practice independently as an MD. If he’s a specialist, the must also complete a fellowship and achieve certification in that field. Physicians are licensed in their state to practice. Physicians treat patients of all ages from pediatrics through geriatrics. They help manage and diagnose a variety of common illnesses and conditions covering a broad spectrum of health issues, injuries, mental health conditions, emergencies, and human conditions, in addition to doing research, teaching, and promoting wellness. (CCSP) & Diplomate American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians (DACBSP) are under American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians (ACBSP) rules allow ProCPR Blended (hands-on) certifications for Chiropractor.
- Childbirth and Postpartum Professional Association (CAPPA) has approved any of our courses that combine infant/child/adult CPR, AED training with hands-on. Our Community CPR course with a hands-on portion through blended or classroom training satisfies this requirement.
- Council for Professional Recognition accepts ProFirstAid Blended (hands-on) certifications for Center-Based Child Caregivers, Home-Based Family Child Caregivers, Visiting Caregivers, Early Childhood Educators Preschool Teachers.
- Dental Assisting National Board (DANB) accepts ProCPR Blended (hands-on) certifications for Dental Assistants.
- Department of Education requires Teachers to have CPR, AED, and First Aid (Must cover all areas). We offer this through our ProFirstAid course. Must have hands-on component through our Blended or Classroom option: http://www.profirstaid.com/en/blended_program
- Department of Education rules allow ProFirstAid 100% Online certifications for School Bus Drivers.
- Department of Health, Office of Emergency Medical Services accepts ProCPR Blended (hands-on) certifications for EMS Professionals. Go to this link http://www.protrainings.com/signup/capce to begin training (submit your licensing information right away to email@example.com to receive your CE credits at the finish of the course).
- Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation: Board for Barbers and Cosmetology accepts Blended Adult CPR and First Aid (with hands-on) certifications and Bloodborne for Body Art online certifications for Tattoo and Body Artists, Cosmetic tattoo, Estheticians, & Barbers.
- Department of Social Services, Division of Licensing Programs accepts our ProFirstAid Blended (hands-on) certifications for Child Care Centers, Family Day Homes, and Child Placing Agencies that work with children. Training must cover the ages in care.
- Department of Social Services, Division of Licensing Programs accepts ProFirstAid Basic Blended (hands-on) certifications for Assisted Living Facilities, Group Homes, and Residential Staff.
- Department of Social Services, Division of Licensing Programs accepts ProFirstAid Basic Blended (hands-on) certifications for Adult Day Care Centers.
- Department of Social Services, Division of Licensing Programs accepts ProFirstAid Blended (hands-on) certifications for Child Placing Agencies, Foster Parents, and Families.
- Due to the US State of Emergency, The PREP Act authorized the Dept. of Health and Human Services to issue a declaration to provide liability protections for Pharmacists, Pharmacy Assistants, Pharmacy Technicians, and Pharmacy Interns. Part of that declaration states that you can obtain your Basic CPR Certification 100% online from providers accredited by ACPE. Our ProCPR (Healthcare Provider BLS) courses meet these guidelines.
- Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy (FSBPT) does not require CPR or First Aid certification for CE’s or members. FSBPT is a regulatory board that assists in training but about CPR and First Aid; they direct members to search their state guidelines.
- National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) and Aerobics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA) requires (at least) an Adult CPR/AED course for acceptance. Must have a hands-on portion. Start your course at this link for a special discounted rate https://www.protrainings.com/signup/nasm.
- National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) rules allow ProFirstAid Blended (hands-on) certifications for Early Learning programs.
- National Athletic Trainers’ Association (NATA) accepts our ProACLS, ProCPR, and ProFirstAid Advanced Blended or Classroom certification cards received by the BOC for successful exam candidates.
- National Certification Board for Massage and Body Therapies (NCBTMB) rules allow ProCPR 100% Online certifications for Massage & Body Work Therapists. Some state boards may require a hands-on, check your state guidelines if you need more information.
- National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM) mandates that you complete a CPR certification within 4 years of application and have current knowledge in bloodborne pathogens. Our ProBloodborne and ProCPR 100% online certifications comply with the regulations for NCCAOM.
- National Commission for Certification of Anesthesiologist Assistants (NCCAA) rules allow ProCPR Blended (hands-on) certifications for Anesthesiologist Assistants.
- National Commission on Certification of Physican Assistants (NCCPA) rules allow ProACLS 100% Online and ProACLS Blended (hands-on) certifications for Physician Assistants.
- National Council for Certified Personal Trainers (NCCPT) accepts ProFirstAid Blended (hands-on) certifications for Certified Group Exercise Instructors, Certified Weight Management Specialists, Certified Youth Fitness Specialists.
- National Council on Strength and Fitness (NCSF) rules allow ProCPR Basic 100% Online certifications for Personal Trainers.
- National Exercise Trainers Association (NETA) accepts all PROTraining CPR and First Aid blended (hands-on) certifications. Follow certification requirements to decide which course meets the needs for your specific state licensing and employer requirements.
- National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) rules allow ProCPR Basic Blended (hands-on) certifications for Certified Personal Trainers.
- Occupational Safety and Health
• To manage or supervise the execution, use, or conduct of;
• To provide or apply:
(OSHA) rules allow ProFirstAid Basic Blended (hands-on) certifications for Logging.
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules allow ProFirstAid Basic Blended (hands-on) certifications for General Workplace.
- Our BLS, ACLS, and PALS efforts made to maintain or restore physical, mental, or emotional well-being especially by trained and licensed professionals More courses have been accredited and implemented by the Postgraduate Institute for Medicine (PIM) and ProTrainings for Continuing Education credits in support of improving patient care. PIM is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for healthcare providers.
- SilverSneakers accepts ProCPR Blended (hands-on) certifications for Senior Fitness Instructors.
- The Joint Commission accredits health care organizations, hospitals, behavioral health centers, etc. To follow their accreditation standards, the facility has to have their staff training in evidence-based (or hands-on) Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) training course from a training entity that follows ECC/ILCOR science-based guidance, as well as the AHA’s standards and guidelines. ProTrainings follows these guidelines and standards required by the commission through our hands-on blended and classroom courses.
- The National Council for Certified Personal Trainers (NCCPT) accepts ProCPR Basic Blended (hands-on) certifications for Certified Personal Trainers, Yoga Instructors, Senior Fitness Instructors, Powerlifting Instructors, Kickboxing Instructors, Indoor Cycling Instructors.
- USA Swimming Board of Directors accepts ProFirstAid, ProCPR, and ProFirstAid Advanced Blended (hands-on) certifications for Swimming Coaches. Receive a 10% discount by utilizing this training site link: https://www.procpr.org/signup/SWIM
- US Coast Guard for Merchant Mariners accepts our CPR, AED, First Aid blended (online + hands-on) and Classroom certifications. Copy and use this URL to sign up and begin your training: https://www.protrainings.com/signup/uscgmm If you already started your training, you can add this discount code “uscgmm” when you complete the payment process and we’ll automatically provide you a 10% discount and send you all the approval documents you’ll need. (Turn in (a) wallet card, and (b) copy of wall mount with USCG approval language.)
- US Coast Guard – Medical Group rules allow ProCPR Blended (hands-on) certifications for Medical Professionals working at off-shore USCG Hospitals or facilities.
- U.S. Department of Labor, Mine Safety and Health Administration rules allow ProFirstAid Basic Blended (hands-on) and Bloodborne for the Workplace certifications for Miners, Supervisors, Managers, Mine Operators, Miners Representatives, and subcontractors.
- U.S. Department of Labor, Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) rules allow ProFirstAid Basic 100% Online and ProFirstAid Basic Blended (hands-on) certifications for Miners and mine operators.
- Virginia accepts ProCPR 100% Online certifications for Massage Therapists.
- Virginia Department of Labor and Industry rules allow ProFirstAid Basic 100% Online and Bloodborne for the Workplace certifications for General and Construction Industry Workers.
- Virginia Department of Social Services, Division of Licensing Programs accepts ProTrainings blended (hands-on) certifications for Camp Director, Camp Staff, Pool Attendants, Lifeguards, Adventure Activity Guides.
- Virginia High School League (VHSL) rules allow ProFirstAid 100% Online certifications for Coaches.